Policy and Waivers
Buddy Sweets Policies and Waivers
In exchange for the pet being permitted to attend Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare for daycare and overnight boarding, Pet Parents (Owners) make the following representations. They agree to all the following policies, procedures, terms, and conditions:
1. REQUIREMENTS: Pet must meet the following requirements: They are three* (3) months of age or older; is spayed or neutered (if over seven (7) months of age); is current on Rabies, Distemper, and Bordetella (dogs only) vaccinations; is in good health and free of fleas and ticks. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of management. Intact/Unaltered animals will incur an additional charge of $7 daily.
2. HEALTH: Owners confirm that their pet(s) are healthy and have been free from any condition that could potentially jeopardize other guests. Pets that have been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days will require veterinarian certification of health to be admitted. All pets will be examined for signs of fleas or ticks at check-in (Spot Check) and will not be admitted to daycare/boarding if fleas or ticks are noticed. This “spot check” is not a foolproof process. If a pet is noticed to have fleas or ticks at any time during care, treatment will be applied and charged to the owner for a fee of $45.00. Excessively long toenails may cause injury. You will be notified if your pet’s nails are too long. If the nails have not been trimmed at the next visit, Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare will have them trimmed for a fee of $15.00.
3. PAYMENT: Owner agrees to pay for all services, products, and fees with the credit card number provided or by cash or check at the time of pick up each visit to Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare. For other payment options, please ask a Team Member. With the use of our services, the Owner agrees to allow Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare to charge the credit card on file. Any fees associated with a returned check or failed payment will be the responsibility of the pet owner.
4. VETERINARIAN LIABILITY AND CARE: The owner agrees to allow Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare to obtain medical treatment for the pet if it appears that they are ill, injured, or exhibit any other behavior that would reasonably suggest that the pet may need medical treatment. The owner agrees to be fully responsible for the cost of any such medical treatment and the cost of any transportation for the purposes of such treatment. Buddy Sweets will make every attempt to notify pet parents in a timely manner. Pets who require medication administration will incur a $5 daily fee. Medication must be provided by pet parents at check-in, in the ORIGINAL prescription container, and be prescribed by a licensed Veterinarian. Buddy Sweets Team Members will administer medication with due diligence; however, Buddy Sweets cannot ensure pet compliance to medication administration.
5. HOURS OF OPERATION: Please respect the posted business hours. Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare will impose a fee for drop-offs/pick-ups outside of the normal hours. An extra $5.00 will be added for each additional 15 minute time period before or after the normal hours. *This must be arranged in advance and is subject to staff availability.
6. DEPOSITS: Holiday bookings: A 50% deposit is required during holiday periods (New Year’s, Spring Break, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas). Non-Holiday bookings: A deposit of 20% of the reservation cost but no less than equal to a one-night stay per pet will be required. We will charge your credit card for this amount, or you may deliver payment. Deposit requirements may change due to demand or at the discretion of management. Reservation will not be secured until we receive payment.
7. CANCELLATION/NO-SHOW POLICY: Holiday bookings: The deposit amount equal to one-night stay per pet will be forfeited if less than 7 days notice is given; 100% of the deposit is forfeited if less than 48 hours notice is given. Non-Holiday bookings: 100% of the deposit will be forfeited if less than 48 hours notice is given. Daycare: An amount equal to 1 daycare day will be charged and/or deducted per pet if cancellation notice is not given by 1:30 pm the day before your schedule daycare day.
8. BEHAVIOR: Aggressive dogs are not permitted to attend Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare. If the dog acts aggressively or exhibits unacceptable behavior, it may be separated from the other dogs, and pet parents will be notified. Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare will use reasonable efforts to consult pet parents about behavioral issues and ways to address them; however, some dogs may be asked not to return at the discretion of Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare. Dogs will be vetted through the Meet and Greet process to be deemed fit for daycare services. All dogs must be vetted before reservations being accepted.
9. DOG CAM, PHOTOS, AND VIDEO RELEASE: The owner agrees to allow Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare to use pet’s name and any images or likeness of the pet taken while they are at Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare, in any form, for use at any time, in any media, marketing, advertising, illustration, trade, or promotional materials without compensation, and release to Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare all rights or claim to such image, likeness, recording, etc. Request to be exempt from this release must be submitted in writing.
10. PERSONAL PROPERTY: Owners are solely responsible for any harm to any other pet(s), to the employees or invitees of Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare, or the equipment, facilities, or other property of Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare, caused by the pet(s). The owner agrees that Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare shall not be responsible or liable for any lost or damaged personal property or belongings.
11. ABANDONED PETS: The owner agrees to pick up a pet when scheduled to leave. Any pet left at Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare without any contact from the owner will be considered abandoned upon the seventh day. Owners understand that if pets are deemed abandoned, Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare will, by default, become the legal owner and guardian of the pet. Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare will, in its sole discretion, determine whether to try to rehome and adopt the pet or will relinquish the pet to an unrelated shelter of its choice. OWNERS FULLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IF PET IS DEEMED ABANDONED AT Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare OWNER MAY BE UNABLE TO RETRIEVE POSSESSION OF PET AND WILL HAVE NO RECOURSE AGAINST Buddy Sweets Dog Daycare.
12. ACCEPTANCE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PARTICIPATION RISK: Owner fully understand that: (a) there are inherent and potential risks involved with interactions between humans and pets, as well as between dogs and other dogs, which may result in property damage or bodily injury, including permanent disability, sickness, or death to human or pet; and (b) there may be other risks not known nor readily foreseeable at this time (collectively, “risks”) and fully accept and assume all risks and responsibility for all risks, including, without limitation, all losses, costs, and damages incurred as a result of the Owner or pet’s participation.
13. ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement, or the breach thereof, or as the result of any claim or controversy involving the alleged negligence by any party to this agreement shall be settled in accordance with the rules of the American Bar Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by an arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall, as part of his award, determine an award to the prevailing party of the costs of such arbitration and reasonable attorney’s fees of the prevailing party.
14. EXPIRED VACCINATIONS SERVICE REQUEST POLICY.
For existing/current clients that request a service/stay for future dates where vaccinations will be expired, a “Non-Refundable” deposit of $75 per pet will be required to tentatively secure reservation requests for non-holidays. A “Non-Refundable” deposit of $100 per pet for expired vaccination requests during holidays. Proof of vaccinations must be submitted no later than 48 hours prior to the start of the tentative reservation. If no proof is submitted reservation may be canceled. Proof of vaccination appointment may be required and verified by a team member before deposit and tentative reservation is made.
For new clients that request a service/stay for future dates where vaccinations will be expired, a “Non-Refundable” deposit of $100 per pet will be required to tentatively secure reservation requests for non-holidays. New clients will NOT be able to make tentative reservation requests with expired vaccination for holidays. Proof of vaccinations must be submitted no later than 48 hours prior to the start of the tentative reservation. If no proof is submitted reservation may be canceled. Proof of vaccination appointment may be required and verified by a team member before deposit and tentative reservation is made.